The Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley (LWBs) are pleased to announce the release of the following updated LWB guidance documents and Application Forms, all of which are available on any of the LWBs’ “Apply for a Permit/Licence” pages (GLWB, MVLWB, SLWB, and WLWB):
- Guide to the Land Use Permitting Process
- Guide to the Water Licensing Process
- Water Licence Application Forms (federal and non-federal areas)
- Application for Assignment of Licence (federal and non-federal areas)
- Land Use Permit Application Form
- Application for Assignment of Permit
- Storage Authorization Assignment Form
These updates are administrative in nature and form part of the LWBs’ ongoing efforts to improve consistency and clarity regarding LWB policies and processes. The revisions include updates for consistency with other recently-revised LWB guidance documents; clarifications based on applicant, reviewer, and LWB staff feedback; and typographical/administrative corrections, which are summarized in the revision history tables provided in the Guides.
Applicants and other parties should always use and reference the current versions of LWB guidance documents when preparing and reviewing land use permit and water licence applications, and when participating in LWB processes.